Thursday, June 7, 2012

Going Greek

If you've read my blog for a while now, I think you might've noticed that I have a thing for gold flakie top coats. I really tried to stop myself from getting another, but yeah... obvious fail. Oh well!!! This mani reminds me of a Greek toga party. Dejavu? Yes... this mani I did previously also reminded me of one. I think I may just be itching to go to one. Hrmmm *plots* =P. My base here was OPI Don't Touch My Tutu (horrible name but hey, WHAT'S NEW OPI?!) and the gold flakes were American Apparel Meteor Shower.









OMG, this mani was THICK. Heeeeck, it was "only" 8 coats (1 base, 4 DTMT, 1 Seche Vite, 1 MS, 1 SH Insta-Dri) but my coats of DTMT were super thick due to my huge aversion to visible nail line (kill it with fire!!!). I'm pretty sure I'll be denting this some time soon but I'll try to enjoy it while it lasts! And oh yes, Meteor Shower had curling flakes. Damn the curling flake/glitter problem! I am shaking my fist at you, curling glitter gods! Whatever though, I made do. Love gold top coats too much to be too bummed about it. I am however, pretty bummed that this 18k gold flakie top coat from Sephora by OPI costs an arm and a leg. D= Whyyyyyy?!??! Guess I'll have to go working the streets to come up with that kinda money. Anyway, I think I've already rambled too much. As always, thanks for reading guys. Have a wonderful Thursday!

8 comments:

Beauty and the Polish said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

it looks amazing!! even if 8 coats is too many :)

Mel, Glassflecked. said...

ohh i need this! so gorgeous. love how huge those pieces are!

Nadia said...

Look awsome,but for me is way too mani coats for me (because I'm the queen of spoil great manis :S).

Kimberley said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous love this combo. Your nails are just to die for :D

The Sneakerette said...

WOW i totally need to try this! i've only tried meteor shower over a dark green jelly so far. i have a thing for flakie top coats in general, especially random shard ones :D

Jello Kitty said...

Thanks all you lovelies!!! =D

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!